During Christmas time, the fun and joy that families experience often comes from activities of decorating their homes, from putting up the Christmas tree to setting up different colored lights. The use of Christmas lights can give any home that cozy feeling when they are lit. However, these lights do not always have to be put up on the Christmas tree alone. You can always get your creative juices flowing and have them set up inside and outside your home for an overall festive look.
When you have made your house a haven for comfort and togetherness, your hard work always pays off. For you to make this Christmas a truly special one, why not spend some time in planning your theme? Have you decided on what ornaments to make or which colors to use? Moreover, choosing the right match of Christmas lights for your decorations can certainly make your holidays more exceptional. Read on for more ideas on how to make ornaments with some lights in them for some really brilliant holidays.
• First, you can use a string-light tree that you can put up on a wall using felt star ornaments. In your child’s room, for instance, creating a string-light tree can be really festive. You can do this by printing star templates, ironing two pieces of felt together, and tracing the stars onto the felt. You can then cut them out and sew a strand of ribbon through each star for them to be hung using a floral wire. Hanging mini lights that have been decorated with felt star ornaments that glitter would be ideal.
• Snowflake ornaments can be also be hung outdoors. You can easily twist the rope lights and create twinkling ornaments. Hang these from the cords, which you can cover with ribbons, at different heights on your porch or by your rooflines.
• Another idea is to make a winter fence with which you can string lights around your fence to emphasize their lines and curves, and line up your walkway for a more welcoming look.
• You can also use lights in making icicles to brighten up your holidays. You will need a wooden lattice strip on which a 1/8-inch hole should be drilled. The lights should be tightly wrapped around the strip, beginning with several inches from the prong end. Reminder: keep the bulbs away from each other and do not let them touch. You can then tape them securely at the strip’s top and bottom. A monofilament should be looped through the hole for them to be hung.
• Making your own stars and placing them in your lawn would be ideal as well. To make a star, you can start by arranging stakes in a star with five points. Through the use of small zip ties, make sure that all inner and outer points are secured, then trim the tie ends. Next, you should fix and fasten the plug end of strand to one of the star’s points using a small zip tie. Drape the strand all along the stake’s length and pass it between the two stakes that have been crossed at end. Once you have repeated these steps along every other stake, you can fasten the stars to a wooden structure using 3-inch nails. Using blackout caps can help in concealing the lights between the stars.
• Creating an extra sparkle during the holidays can also be done by making red very light garlands, which are individual bulbs that are alternated with a small set of lights to generate the adorably asymmetrical effect of berries that can be found in the wild. You can also make wreaths by combining two ornamental rings to form one showpiece. Red lights should be weaved in to emphasize the shine of the Christmas balls.
• You can also write a message about Christmas that you can share with others who pass by your home through the use of your lights, such as a word or a shape that depicts the holidays. You can use LED rope lighting that can be purchased at hardware stores. You can then secure the rope lighting to a grid of wreath forms made of wire and long-lasting cable ties.
With the use of various Christmas lights, you can come up with your own unique decorations that people cannot always find in stores. These brilliant displays and showpieces will be very helpful for you to achieve that radiant look which will make your Christmas season more brilliant and special.